Since summer’s already here, it’s time to take some steps to spruce up your look. After all, you’re wearing lighter clothes and aren’t nearly as covered-up as you are in fall and winter.
Be more confident about showing more of your natural assets by taking some simple steps to improve your appearance.
As you read this list of strategies to improve how you look this summer, you might be inspired to take other steps as well!
1. Use over-the-counter teeth whiteners. You’ll find all kinds of teeth whiteners in your local drug and discount stores. And many of them work as well as the $600 treatments your dentist administers. For costs ranging from $20 to $50, you can have a smile as bright as the summer sun.
* Take care to read the product guidelines before using. Some products only work correctly when used according to the instructions.
2. Smile more often. Speaking of your teeth, why not show them a bit more often by smiling? Remind yourself to do it. When you smile, you’ll feel more contented. And that’s in addition to improving how you look! Plus, smiling is contagious.
3. Get a new haircut. For just a few bucks, you can receive one of the quickest appearance-brighteners possible in 30 minutes’ time. There’s no need to get “the works” if you can’t afford it, just go to a shop or salon for a professional cut.
4. Especially for women: take care with your make-up. Minimal make-up goes with the season and enables you to enhance your natural beauty.
* Apply a light foundation in a tone that suits you.
* Keep in mind your eyebrows serve to frame your face. Make them noticeable, yet balanced with your other features. Coordinate the color to your skin tone and hair color. Avoid harsh lines.
* Use a bit of mascara, blush, and natural lip color, taking into account the summer season when selecting tones and colors. You’ll look and feel great when you look in the mirror and see the results.
5. Just for men: get a professional shave. Consider getting rid of your moustache and beard to change your look for summertime. Also, develop the habit of applying moisturizer on your face. Some moisturizers are made just for men and will reduce the look of lines and facial imperfections.
* You’ll be pleasantly surprised how polished and well-groomed you look. You may even feel like a new man with such a fresh-looking face!
6. Update your look. Buy a shirt or blouse in that trendy color you’re seeing everywhere. No need to go overboard with the spending. Just a new piece or two of clothing can bring you up to date.
7. Meditate for ten minutes daily. How will this improve your appearance, you ask? Meditation helps you de-stress. And nothing makes your facial muscles relax like not having any stress. Try it and see. Plus, this method is completely free.
8. Get the sleep your body needs. Most adults have an internal sensor that tells them how much sleep they need. Use that knowledge to get more rest and improve your appearance. Your eyes will be brighter and there’ll be a spring in your step when you’re well-rested.
9. Get the clothing iron out. You probably have a few things you love to wear that would look so much better if they were nicely pressed. Your overall look will take on a polished appearance if your clothes are pressed.
10. Tell yourself you look great. If you take a true interest in how you look, you’ll gradually recognize that you’re looking pretty good. Go ahead and say so!
Focus on looking the best you’ve ever looked this summer. Put some of these strategies into place to make needed updates to your look. Show your passion for life by improving your appearance, and you’ll enhance your enthusiasm for all aspects of living.