It’s not easy to balance a successful career and family life. However, working mothers are willing to share their relationship maintenance secrets.
Maintain your romantic and family relationships and your job with these tips:
1. Find a reliable planner. What do you use to plan your schedule in advance? A reliable planner is an important part of trying to balance work and family.
* A planner will help you schedule your work and family time to avoid missing an important event for either one.
* Use the planner to schedule relationship time, too. Date nights and fun activities with the children are popular options.
2. Cook ahead. Planning and cooking your meals ahead of time will give you the chance to focus on your relationships. Cook multiple meals in advance and stock the freezer.
* If you have a freezer filled with meals that are ready to be heated, then you can spend more time enjoying your family. Instead of worrying about what they will have for dinner, you can have a meal plan in place for an entire month.
3. Set guidelines at work. Does your career make it difficult to see your family every night? Working mothers can set guidelines at work, so their lives are more balanced.
* Does work prevent you from seeing your partner and enjoying dinner together? If you can establish overtime rules, then you can try to find a balance between long hours and your relationship.
* Inform your boss about important family events ahead of time, so your work is aware that family is a priority.
4. Pick up tips from other working mothers. Your friends and coworkers can share valuable advice with you about work and relationships. You shouldn’t be afraid to start a conversation about maintaining your relationship.
5. Find a reliable friend. It’s not easy to balance work and family at the same time, but a reliable friend can help you during difficult situations.
* Who can you turn to for help balancing your career and relationship? Do you have a trustworthy friend who can support you? Instead of trying to control every aspect of life, you can delegate certain activities to a friend.
* Strong friendships are built on mutual trust and assistance, so be prepared to step in if a friend needs you.
* Did your babysitter cancel on your date night? This is a good opportunity to turn to friends who can help you maintain your relationship. Your child can have a sleepover at their house while you have date night.
6. Spend five minutes a day alone with your partner. Working mothers rarely have any alone time with their partners. However, just five minutes a day can make a big impact on relationship maintenance. It’s important that you be completely alone with your partner for at least a few minutes a day.
* You can set aside five minutes in the morning or evening to spend with your partner. Children, friends, and other family members shouldn’t be in the room with you. In addition, put away tech gadgets that distract you.
* You can set a timer for five minutes and talk or cuddle. The goal is to focus on each other.
Relationships need to be nurtured so they thrive. If you’re a working mother, take advantage of these tips to help you find a balance between your job, sweetheart, and kids.